The 4th of July started off like every 4th of July of my childhood did. At the Clearfield parade.
Jaxon slept through the fire engines!
Kimberly marched in the Color Guard.
A guy riding a horse in the parade seriously asked his girlfriend, who was watching the parade from the side, to marry him, it was cute!
Lily loved the princesses and had to hug as many as she could.
Look how excited she was to get a hug from Tiana!
After the parade we went to Grandma Lewis' for lunch.
I made a 7 layer bean dip. Don't worry, it tasted as good as it looked!
And later that day we went to the park to get settled in before the fireworks.
The fireworks were a lot of fun. I missed having Justin there to cuddle with but I made the kids sit by me to fill his void!
I really am so grateful for all the people in the past and present who sacrifice so much so we can live in a free country. It is easy to take what we have in this country for granted, but I'm grateful I can believe and practice my religion as I please. I'm grateful for the rights I have, that I can vote and have a voice in who leads this country, and most importantly I'm PROUD to be an American!
No comments:
Post a Comment