All I can say is BEST WEEKEND EVER!
I loved, loved, loved spending childless time with Justin for a couple of days exploring a new city and relaxing. It was the perfect weekend.
The clouds looked so wispy and wonderful on my flight to Portland. Too bad the camera can not capture it very well.
Justin picked me up at the airport and we went back to the house we were staying at. After a quick nap we decided to head downtown. Justin had bought us tickets to see a Halloween play so we went early to explore the area.
We realized there was a Voodoo Doughnut not too far and decided to walk to it. It was quite a walk, but so worth it!
Yes, those are Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch cereal on a donut.
They were seriously sooooo good!
The play was at a very small theater which was fun. It was humorous and we both really enjoyed it.
Saturday morning we slept in (heavenly), went to a local sports restaurant for lunch and then went out and did some shopping. We got treats for the car ride home and then stopped by a Halloween store we had spotted.
I think we had a little too much fun!
We also grabbed a pizza and a blockbuster movie and enjoyed a quiet movie night. Sunday we got up, went to sacrament meeting, packed and cleaned up, returned the movies and headed for Utah. The car ride seemed boring and long without the kids to take care of! We got in Sunday night and it was so nice to see the kids! Even though I enjoyed the break, it was good to be back. I appreciate my parents so much for watching them so Justin and I could have some time alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment