It was Sunday morning and we were all hanging out until we needed to get ready for church. I was preparing for singing time since I was filling in for the primary chorister, and everyone else was scattered throughout the house. All of a sudden I heard a thump, thump, thump, WAIL. I jumped up and ran to the stairs. Jaxon was at the bottom, holding onto his blanket and screaming. I picked him up and he screamed louder. I tried to stand him up and he wouldn't put any weight on his left leg. Immediately I knew he had more than likely fractured his leg or foot, but I wanted so badly to be wrong. Justin came downstairs and looked at it. There was no way to know for sure what the extent of the injury was without an x-ray but we wanted to wait a little while before taking him in, just in case it miraculously healed itself. After an hour of Jaxon screaming we knew we had to take him in. Since I had to be to church, Justin took Jaxon to the hospital he works at and was expedited in the ER. I guess that's one perk of working at a hospital-no wait time in the ER! They took an x-ray and sure enough there was a spiral fracture on his tibia. They put a soft cast on his leg, gave him a new toy, a popsicle, and sent him on his way. The next day I took him in to get a hard cast put on. After a couple days he was getting around just fine! He wore the cast for 3 weeks, and was walking really funny and was still in a lot of pain so we kept Kobe's old walking cast on him for another week and then he was as good as new!
Nothing holds them back!
No comments:
Post a Comment