Mother's Day this year was my best so far. About a month before, the kids overheard me talking to Justin about his call schedule and the fact that he would be working for Mother's Day. I could tell they had heard because immediately their wheels started turning and plans were in motion. For over a month they would ask me random questions such as, "Mom what is your favorite cereal?" " Will that be your favorite cereal on Mother's day?" or I would walk in a room and they would quickly cover what they were doing and tell me to get out. It made me feel so special that they were so concerned with making it such a special day. The day before they told me I could sleep in as late as I wanted!
On Mother's Day, around 6:30am I heard them all downstairs in the kitchen. I would randomly hear Kobe checking the time and saying, "Not yet Lily, 10 more minutes." "5 more minutes." and then finally, "Lily it's 7 o'clock, time to go!" And up the stairs they came with cereal they had poured milk into 20 minutes before!
I choked down a few bites to show them just how much I loved it!
Jaxon even brought his own cereal upstairs so he could eat with me!
After I ate breakfast they brought me my presents, a rock collection. They had even decorated a few of the rocks.
Kobe had made me snowflakes.
I pretty much feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have such wonderful, thoughtful kids. I was a little bummed that Justin wasn't going to be there to make the day special, but in the end I didn't need him to be. My kids did an amazing job spoiling me and making this the best Mother's Day ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment