Friday, March 19, 2010

Ma'ga & Pa'ga

Kobe - and soon to be Lilian - refer to Grandma and Grandpa as Ma'ga & Pa'ga.  Why? I don't know! I mostly blame Heidi... and yes, this is Justin writing this insightful, awesome and extremely engaging entry.  Heidi sat down to begin it, quickly looked over at me and said,

Heidi:  "Hey honey, why don't you write this entry?"
Justin: "But honey, it is your blog."
Heidi: "No silly... it is a family blog. You can write as well. As long as I give you permission, edit it and approve it before publication."
Justin: "Hmmm... "
So after I mumbled a few choice, yet appropriate words under my breath, I under took this task of documenting Ma'ga and Pa'ga's visit to Iowa.

They came, we played and they went.  My parents got here last Friday and stayed until Wednesday morning.  It was absolutely terrific to have them here.  I know the highlight of the adventurous trip to Iowa was to see Kobe and Lilian, but Heidi and I truly enjoy hanging out with them as well.  After the kids went down every night we played many games, ate dessert after dessert, talked about life, laughed a lot, ate more and stayed up way to late!  Heidi and I also graciously enjoyed sharing - with my parents - the kid's duties for an entire week (dressing the kids, feeding them, goodnight routines, bathing and much more).

The kids love their grandparents.  While Ma'ga and Pa'ga were here the kids were royally spoiled, played with 24/7, had any book read to them as many times as desired,  ate whatever they wanted (as long as Mommy and Daddy weren't around to regulate) and shared their favorite Iowa activities.  Among the activities were the science museum, multiple playgrounds, shopping at historic valley junction and lunches at the kid's favorite spots.

Also while here, my parents took us out to a dinner at one of our favorite restaurant - The Cheesecake Factory, took a detailed tour of my medical school, drove around the beautiful city of Des Moines and attended church with us!

All and all it was a great time and we were ALL extremely sorrowful to see them go.  The kids inquired about Ma'ga and Pa'ga repeatedly following their departure and continue to recall their visit and express their hopes for another visit to come shortly. 

Well, that sums up my entry and so I will end with this... This!

(some pictures of the trip)

Lilian wearing Ma'ga's reading glasses (Above). 
Kobe and Pa'ga playing at the science museum (Below)





Grandma and the kids playing weather man (Above).  
Kobe and grandparents launching their made rockets (Below)


More at the museum (Above and Below)







 Kobe checking out his image (Above).  Grandpa deflating the mattress (Below)

No comments: