Monday, April 18, 2011

Kobe's 4

Kobe how old are you?

 What's that...did you say 4?
It's true, I am a mother of a four year old. Do they have a support group for people like me?  They should! Kobe's birthday was a great day and I'm not going to spare you a single detail in telling/showing you about it.

We woke up to the kids jumping on our bed. Kobe saying "Daddy, it's my birthday!" At breakfast, Kobe said, "I don't want to be 4, I just want to be 3." We had to tell him all the awesome people he knows that are 4 (Luke, Evander, Cali, Kennedy, Brynlee--the one from church, not his cousin) and and then he changed his mind and decided that four was pretty cool. After breakfast we started getting ready for church.  He wanted to open a present so we let him open the one he could actually use right then........SPIDERMAN UNDERWEAR! I know we're so mean, BUT he LOVED them! Although he said he liked them, he didn't want to wear them to church, he told us he would wear them to the park one day---whatever that means.

At church he was telling everyone he was 4, and he was thrilled that they sang to him in Primary and gave him a pencil and notepad. After church we went home for the REAL fun to begin.  Kobe didn't even want lunch he wanted the presents. Since we were having friends over for dinner, we told him he could open presents right after church so he would have time to play with his new toys before his friends came.  First we called Grandma Hubbard, so he could open his new SWIMMING POOL!  The words out of his mouth were, "It's just what I always wanted!" I didn't get a picture of him and Lily jumping into it and pretending to splash around, but I wish I would have.

Next we Skyped Grandpa Hooker while he opened his NEW BIKE!  The words out Kobe's mouth were, "It's just what I always wanted!"

 He can't wait to get out and ride it when the weather gets a little warmer.

Next he opened up Lily's gift to him. We were too lazy to wrap it so we stuck it in a blanket and Lily ripped the blanket off to show him his NEW BLOCKS!

Then it was time to open his present from Mommy and Daddy. What is it? A BIG BOX!
  Just Kidding!
 It's A LITTLE BOX inside the BIG BOX!
 Just Kidding!
 "What is it?" That's what Kobe asked us. We told him, "GOLF CLUBS!"
 Look at Justin's face....He's soooo excited about the golf clubs!
Justin can't wait to take Kobe golfing with him. I'm sure Kobe will be just as excited when he realizes how thrilling of a sport golf is!

 Kobe also got this awesome SUPERMAN COSTUME from Ron, VaLynn, Bitner and Tobias.
  
And in the same package they sent this adorable PRINCESS DRESS for Lilian!
 That picture makes me laugh! Nice smile Lily :)

Kobe was so spoiled just like always. Some other things he got were cards and a few bucks from his Great Grandma and Grandpa Moe and Great Grandma Lewis, and a really nice outfit and stickers from Great Grandma Hooker. 

 
Here's a good picture of the awesome decorations that Justin put up!
Kobe and Lilian played for awhile then ate lunch and they both took a nap. They were TIRED!

After naps it was party time! Since it was Sunday, and because I'm too lazy to plan a real friend party, I took the easy way out and invited a few families over for dinner and cake. By inviting entire families over, I didn't have to plan any party games or anything. The kids just went crazy in the toy room while the adults got to visit and play games. It was a great time!

For dinner we ate pizza, breadsticks, jello salad, fruit, and veggies. YUMMY! The cake was even more delicious, in my unbiased, humble opinion!

And it looked good too! Again, totally unbiased :)


Okay, so I realized I'm completely amateur when it comes to cake decorating, but it always comes out better than I think it's going to. 

Here we are singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!

I wonder what he was wishing?

When everyone left Kobe couldn't stop talking about his friends and how much fun he had on his birthday.  Thanks to everyone who helped make Kobe's birthday so special by calling, sending gifts, and coming to spend the evening with us. It was a great day!

Knowing that Kobe had such an awesome birthday makes me feel like this:
 
Happy!

2 comments:

Janalee said...

"Biggest slacker of a family" award is now presented to:

Jeremy and Janalee Hubbard!!

I totally spaced it! I am so sorry! when you guys come out, I will be sure to get Kobe a freaking awesome present to make it up to him! Like a unicorn, Hasn't Kobe always wanted a unicorn!???

p.s your mad cake decorating skills are VERY impressive.

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

I thought your cake was amazing! both delicious and decoarted like a pro! You are so talented. So glad Kobe has such a cool mom and had a great birthday!