Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grandmother

 

You give me a kiss.
You give me a hug.
You smile when you see me too.
I wish ev’ry child in the whole wide world
Had a grandmother just like you.


You read me a book.
You sing me a song.
You whisper you love me too.
I wish ev’ry child in the whole wide world
Had a grandmother just like you.



I’ll try to be good;
I’ll do as I should.
I’ll whisper, “I love you too.”
I wish ev’ry child in the whole wide world
Had a grandmother just like you.

Words and music: Nonie Nelson Sorensen, b. 1925. © 1989 IRI From Children's Songbook

 
We loved our visit from Grandma Hooker! Come back soon, Please!

1 comment:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

So glad you finally blogged - you haven't done it in forever and I was definitely going through withdrawals!