I realize I've been a little (okay let's be honest A LOT) MIA when it comes to my blog. Life has been CRAZY for us. Not necessarily too busy, although that has been the case at times, but emotionally, life-is-a-roller-coaster-type CRAZY. A couple of months ago, due to some unexplainable, we-still-don't-quite-understand-why-or-what-exactly-happened type occurrences at Justin's university, we decided Justin was going to try to transfer universities to finish the last two years in his program. Justin interviewed at several universities and was accepted into two different programs thanks to all the hard work he's put into his education and awesome grades. Out of the two, we chose to go to Temple University in Philadelphia. We found out last Tuesday he was accepted and they want him out there the 27th of June. AHHHHH! I've been super busy since then packing, doing a garage sale, and trying to stay sane through the whole process. Although life is insane right now, I know that our lives are in Heavenly Father's hands. He is guiding us where we need to be. As up-and-down as our lives have been lately I have always felt the reassuring peace that I am not alone and that He is watching over me. I am so grateful for the peace I've felt throughout the chaos!
Having said that, I'm so sad to leave. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the adventures that await in Philadelphia. What an awesome place to live. We'll be an hour away from New York City, and two hours from D.C. And even though it is sooooo far from family, we won't be out there forever. But I hate to leave Des Moines, I have loved it here. I'm going to miss my house. As I pack I think of all the memories we've made as a family here. I going to miss my backyard and sitting on the back deck in the evening watching the kids play. More importantly the people I've met here will be missed terribly. I've learned so much from so many great people in our ward. I'm sad to think that those wonderful people won't be at church with me every Sunday. That we won't be able to have play dates anymore. That I won't see them at the YMCA anymore (which is another thing I'm sad to leave behind). Although, it's sad, I'm counting on seeing some of them in the future. As life happens, we'll all be taken to different places and I'm sure our paths will cross again, even if it's just one of us passing through on our way to somewhere else. I'm looking forward already to those visits!
I'm so grateful for the adventures life brings and I'm grateful for the people put in my path along the way. I'm sure there will be many more people that will touch my life as we continue on in our journeys! Wish me luck as I run around like a crazy woman the next few days trying to finish packing and cleaning. We drive out Friday. On to new and exciting places!
5 comments:
I am so sad and already miss you terribly. You are such an awesome person and will do well wherever you go. I hope our paths cross many times in the future.
Wow!!! I didn't know that you guys were moving to pa!! I thought it was ca for sure. Thats great I am excited for you. My friend Lindy and her husband are moving out there as well, but I am not sure if they are going to temple university. I will have to find out. Excited for you guys!!!
Sounds like you're crazy busy! I don't know how you get it all packed and moved! Good luck- it sounds like a fun place!
Sorry- I wasn't signed in to Blogger.
Wish I would of known you were passing through. You could of stayed here. Goodluck with everything!
Post a Comment