Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Unexpected Trip to Utah

Justin was going to interview at a podiatric school in CA, when he went to buy the tickets he realized that with a car rental the total cost of the three day trip would be around $900. He threw out the idea that it would be cheaper to drive and it didn't take long for our trip to Utah to become a reality. We left 2 days later and the kids and I stayed in Utah for a week and a couple days and Justin stayed with us but left for a few days for his interview. We made sure to make good use of time with family by visiting lots of fun places!

The Hogle Zoo

Kobe and Kennedy being little monkeys.

Lily doing a little horseback riding

On this trip Kobe decided that Kolin was his best friend. So at the zoo Kobe followed him around trying to get Kolin to hold his hand. Kolin wasn't really having it, but that didn't stop Kobe from trying.

An attempted picture with all the kids. Most of them were looking anyway!

When Kobe was 1 1/2 weeks old, my family was going to the zoo and I really needed to get out of the house. Kobe slept through the whole trip unless he was hungry so I entertained myself by taking pictures like this!
I couldn't resist  reenacting the picture. Kobe was seriously wondering if I'd gone crazy! He's gotten big, huh!
 The Aerospace Museum

I haven't been to this free museum in many years and I really wanted to take the kids here this time. Not only was there really awesome airplanes that we got to look at and even go into (thanks to my mom knowing one of the volunteers), there was a really fun room where you could play and experiment with different things. Everyone had a good time--even the adults!
I'm not really sure what Kellie's doing :)

Lily was really into her creation

Checking out the airplanes


Kobe really wanted to get on an airplane, but we asked when we first got there and they said there wasn't anything for the kids to climb on. He was bummed, but lucky for us my mom ran into a friend who volunteers there full time. She took us right on the back of a large cargo plane.




The outside of the plane we went on.
The Treehouse Museum
Lily and Tobias driving the firetruck

Kennedy wearing her pretty Spanish bow

Lilian pretending to be a princess from the east.
At the Drive-In
Kobe, Brynlee, and Lilian

No comments: