Friday, September 2, 2011

Zoo Day

In September a friend who had a zoo pass invited us to go to the zoo with them using their guest passes.  We couldn't turn down a free trip to the zoo! Did you know the Philadelphia Zoo was the first zoo in the United States?  Well now you do!
The kids were really funny because anytime I asked to take their picture with an animal, they protested.  Let me show you what I mean:

However, every time they saw one of those picture boards with face cut outs-- you know the ones I'm talking about or a statue the ran over to it and begged for a picture.






Some highlights from our day:

 Kobe was picked out of the audience to help with a demonstration. I was surprised he even raised his hand to volunteer since he can be so shy, but he did it! 
 He got to be the wing of a bird and he helped flap the wing so the "bird" could fly.

 Lily was able to touch a duck.

And she got a chance to milk a cow.

It was a fun way to spend the day and we're grateful for the Nethercott's for letting us come with them!

No comments: