Friday, September 30, 2011

Other Philadelphia Outings

Please Touch Museum
We went with some friends to visit the children's museum.  The building itself was so large and beautiful. Here's some pictures from the outside:
 The white building off to the side is the museum. The kids loved the sign and wanted to pose with it.
 But as soon as we got inside, there were way too many fun things to do. Kobe and Lily were moving so fast from one thing to another that after I forced Kobe into holding still for this picture, I decided to put the camera away and just let them enjoy themselves.
 We even got to ride on the carousel. I wish we had more pictures to prove how much fun we had but that's all I got! Thanks Showalters for letting us come with you!

The Smith Family Playhouse
A girl I knew in high school has lived out here for a few years now so we arranged a time to get together with our kids. She lives north of Philly and we live west of Philly so we decided to meet up with our kids at a place called the Smith Family Playhouse. The playhouse is a free place to go (AWESOME!) and let your kids play. There are great playgrounds outside.

And even a giant wood slide.

Inside there are different rooms to play in. A room to play house, a reading room, and a few other rooms too. In the basement there is a car track and cars and bikes to ride around in.

For as much as we spent (remember it was free!)  we had so much fun.  It was really nice visiting with Amy since we have so much in common with our husbands in medical school, both being from Utah, and living in the same city.  The kids have been begging to go back but I told them we'll have to wait until the weather warms up again.

No comments: