Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lilian Turns 4!

Happy Birthday Lilian! Lily was so excited for her birthday this year (as if she isn't every year!)


During the day we went to Festival of Trees, which was really, really busy, but a lot of fun. As we were leaving, Lily's first surprise was waiting for her in the van...
 
A booster seat! She has been looking forward to being four so she could move from her carseat to a booster. I'm excited because now she can unbuckle herself which makes unloading much easier!

We got back in the afternoon and Lily was able to open her present from Grandma and Grandpa Hooker
She LOVES her princess bike and luckily the weather has been good enough to ride it.

For dinner she requested pizza and after dinner we invited all her cousins, aunts and uncles over for cake and ice cream.
We had quite a crowd!

The photographer couldn't resist a self-portrait of himself!

For the cake, I showed Lily 3 pictures I found online of cakes I felt like I could copy she chose a princess castle.
It took a little effort and some help to get all the candles blown out.
But she did it!

Sibling love!

Daddy and the Birthday girl.

The girl cousins enjoying cake.

Lily was so spoiled! She got a bubble gun, and princess castle, a jewelry box and jewelry, a bike, a coloring bag, princess dominoes, a lap book, and cards from Great Grandparents.

She had a great birthday! The next morning when Lily woke up she asked me, "Am I still four?" I think she thought it was a Cinderella thing where the magic of being 4 wore off at midnight!

Things to remember about 4year-old Lily:
She LOVES princesses
She loves to have her fingernails painted.
She goes to preschool and comes home talking about all her friends and the boys who are not nice
She talks about who she is going to marry, all the time...it changes regularly
She is going to speech and catching on quickly, it will be nice to understand all the funny things I know she is saying.
She has quite the sense of humor.
Her favorite color is pink.
Her favorite food is popcorn.
Her favorite book is Cinderella.
Her favorite movie is Wizard of Oz.
She loves to play dress up and do all things girly.
 
We sure love that girl!

1 comment:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Oh I miss you guys! Happy birthday, Lilyn- from her Prince Charming Jensen ;)
Awesome cake - you are so talented! My idol!