Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of School 2013

School started earlier than we're used to this year, Aug. 12th, but since it is so hot here in AZ and we've spent so much time inside this summer, we were excited and ready! 

 Kobe started 1st grade. His teacher is Mrs. Isenberg and so far he really likes his teacher and school. Although, he does think that school is much longer this year than it was in Kindergarten, which is true!
 
Lily is going to PreK at head start this year. She loves everything about school. She is such a social butterfly and is loving making new friends. She also loves her teachers Ms. Pat and Ms. Maribel.

 With the other two gone, it's just me and Jaxon in the morning and we are enjoying a little peace, and having time to clean the house. Kobe asked me yesterday why the house is always so clean when he gets home from school! Hmmm, maybe because you aren't here to mess it up!

Jaxon started Nursery on Sunday. I still can't believe he is 18 months already, but I was definitely ready to send him off to nursery so I can go to class and not spend 3 hours in the hallway during church. Before church I pulled out my camera and said, "Yay, Jaxon, you get to go to nursery today!" and he started crying, as if he knew what was about to happen to him! He has never even been into the nursery room, so I'm not sure how he knew, maybe some of his older baby friends have been telling him what to expect.
But sure enough he cried when I dropped him off. The teachers said he calmed down after a few minutes. I'm sure he'll love it soon enough!

1 comment:

Janalee said...

Look at that darling sad little face!!! I did cut my hair the end of July. Its short and been a good change but still long enough to put it into a pony tail. :)
Have you run into Mandy and Matt Peterson?