Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Happenings

July started out with a weekend celebration for the 4th of July. It was fun to have Josh and Jasmin come into town and also Uncle Dave, Aunt Cindy, and Rachel. The day was pretty low key. We hung out at the Hooker's house, swam and ended the day with fireworks, courtesy of Josh.
Jaxon did not like the loud fireworks and I had to plug his ears so he could just enjoy watching them. Friday night, Grandma and Grandpa Hooker took Kobe and Lily to a baseball game and they got to have their first sleepover at Gma and Gpa's new house. They are already talking about doing it again!

In the morning, the kids are up and ready to go while it takes me a few extra minutes to reach full alertness. I am usually trailing the kids by 10 minutes. One morning I came downstairs to Lily getting everyone breakfast.
She had put on the chef's hat and coat, pulled out three bowls and was filling them all up with cheerios. I'm just glad I came down before the milk was pulled out!

 
 Chef Lilian

Jaxon is growing like a weed, and I want him to stop, kind of. He turned 17 months in July and he is at such a fun, busy stage. I only wish he were older when it comes to church. At 18 months he can go to nursery (a class at church for children ages 18 months-3 years) and then I can go to my classes again rather then spending 3 entire hours standing in the hall with a crazy toddler! Only a few more weeks!



This summer I haven't pulled out my camera hardly at all. We've been busy playing and finding ways to stay busy inside, since it's so hot outside. We've also been swimming at our community pool a lot. Kobe and Lily are both such great swimmers, the swimming lessons they took from Jan. to May were definitely worth it! We've been making new friends, and we even went to the Phoenix Children's museum with some new friends. So much fun to be had, but no pictures to show for it!

Only a couple more weeks until school is back in session. We've already done our uniform/clothes shopping and bought all of the needed school supplies. We're excited and ready!

No comments: