We were so blessed to be able to spend Labor Day weekend in Utah visiting my family. We were able to finally see my brother Josh, who returned home from an LDS mission in August. It was a quick trip, but wonderful in every way.
Saturday we went to a funeral of a close family friend, and while it was very sad to lose someone who was way too young, it was inspiring to see the kind of life he led and hear about how many lives he touched. It made me want to be a better person. It also reminded me that I need to cherish the time I have with the people I love.
Saturday night my sister and I planned an outdoor movie night.
Thanks to my dad, who really did all the work, it was a really fun night!
On Labor Day we had family pictures scheduled. We had to change the location because it was raining, which actually turned out to be a lot of fun. We went to Union Station in Ogden and after the pictures we let the kids play on the trains.
Lily hurt her finger. When I asked her which one she showed me:
On Tuesday, our last day, Grandma took the kids to feed the ducks and then to McDonalds. They, of course, had a blast! Later that day, we stopped in to say goodbye to Grandma Lewis. The trip was short, but sweet. I love and miss my family so much!
On our way home we took a small detour to see the Grand Canyon. This time we went to the main viewing point.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Overall, it was such a nice time and just looking at all the pictures makes me smile!
1 comment:
Oh!!! Haha! Lily's finger!!! That's too funny.
It was so good to see you guys,and that was a fun movie night, Brynlee still talks about it. :)
Post a Comment