Sunday, August 30, 2009

Three Life-Changing Purchases

When we moved into our new home there were a few big purchases we wanted to make, but since our budget is tight, we weren't sure we'd be able to get any of them. However, within a month we had found all three things and found great deals as well!
1. A Swing set

Our house has a great, big backyard but there was nothing out there for Kobe to do, he never would go outside and play. So I started my search for a swing set. I spent a lot of time searching on Craigslist to no avail, the swing sets listed were all very expensive. One Friday we spent the morning going to garage sales looking for golf clubs and an end table and we found this swing set. The lady was asking $75 and I told her we'd take it for $50. For $50 we had a new swing set, and with a little duct tape to fix the slide it was in pretty good condition. I was soooo excited, and Kobe loves "Kobe's slide"!

2. A Piano


I have always wanted a piano but have looked and looked at classifieds and never found one that was in good condition for a good price. Again I turned to Craigslist and found this one for $100. It took a little effort finding a truck and some people to help lift it, but our ward pulled through and I have my piano. It is so nice to be able to play again, it has been a while, and actually with my new calling as primary pianist it will come in handy.

3. A dog


We have never lived anywhere appropriate for us to have a dog, except when we moved into this house which has a large fenced-in backyard. Justin was determined to find a dog to put in the backyard. I wasn't and still am not sure it was the best idea, but Justin decided he had waited long enough. We went to many shelters on many different occasions looking for the perfect dog for our family. Just when we decided that maybe we would wait on getting a dog, we found Lexus. She is a pretty good dog. She is very active and plays with the kids a lot. Lily is tired of being licked by her! We named her Lexus because instead of getting a car, we got her.

1 comment:

TotallyContent said...

Love all your finds. How cool that you found everything! Have fun with the piano. ;)