Sunday, August 23, 2009

Favorite Things About Utah

Although it was two months ago, I wanted to blog about our trip to Utah. I could give a long description about all of our activities but instead I want to share with you my list of favorite things about Utah, then I'll post pictures of everything else! Here they are in no particular order:
1. Family gatherings
2. Good home cooked meals (Good being the key word here)
3. The mountains
4. No humidity
5. My nieces and nephews
6. Sitting outside in the shade in my parents' backyard
7. Deseret Book
8. Burger Bar
9. Jake's over the Top
10. Shopping with my sisters
11. Family traditions
12. Lunches/dinners with friends
13. Temple Square
14. LDS books at the library
15. My Grandma Lewis
16. The pillows on Bret's bed
17. Frog eye salad
18. Watching my brother Josh play with and sing to the babies
19. My dad's dutch oven potatoes
20. Extended family
21. Camping
22. The Hubbard Hotrod Hullabaloo
23. Friends
24. Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard living there
25. Good grass
26. Church music on the radio on Sunday
27. My brothers and sisters
28. My dad
I could really go on and on, but my most favorite thing about Utah really is
My Mom
It wouldn't be home without her! Thanks Mom for making our trip wonderful as always. We all love you so much!

We spent 3 weeks in Utah this summer and we were busy a lot of time here are some of the things we did.

Camping
Normally I am not a lover of camping, but my family campouts are the best. It is all about relaxing, playing games, and eating good food. Who wouldn't love it? (and this year my parents let us sleep in the camper since we didn't have any of our own gear so it was even better than usual!)

Kobe pole dancing


Lily spent a lot of time crawling in the grass and eating it


Lily and Mommy taking a nap


Kobe and his cousins playing by the river


Kobe and his first s'more, he wasn't sure about it at first


Me showing Kobe how to thoroughly enjoy it!


And Kobe finally digging in. He wouldn't just bite
it he had to dig out the chocolate. That's my boy!!!


Out for a walk

Other fun camping pics:



My sister holding Lily on the hammock

My brother using a chair for a pillow

The Fourth of July
Independence day is one of my favorite holidays with my family. The day is full of traditions we've done since I was young. The day always starts by going to a parade, then a BBQ, then fireworks at the park. I love this holiday and was so happy to be able spend it the way I did all growing up!
The parade:
(Justin went golfing with the boys while the kids and I went to see Josh in the parade)

Great-Grandma Lewis and Lily


Grandma Hubbard with Lily waving flags


Great-Grandma Hubbard and Kobe waiting for the parade


Kobe eating Bugles, don't you remember doing this as a kid?


I felt a little unpatriotic in purple, but I figured red and blue makes purple!

The best entry in the parade :) Josh marching in his school's band

The Fireworks

Waiting for them to start


Playing with daddy's glasses


OOH! AAH! GEE WHIZ! A great finale to a great day!

Dinosaur Park
One of our last days in Utah, my sisters and I took our kids to the dinosaur park. Kobe was so into it!





I asked my sister Jessica to take a picture of us and she cut Lily out of it. When I asked her about it later she said she forgot about Lily and was just worried about getting Kobe and I. Poor Lily!




All hot and sweaty, ready to go home for nap. Kennedy I love your hairdo!

Some other things we did while we were in Utah were the Hubbard Hotrod Hullabaloo, a pinewood derby race, in which we placed 6th:( and sadly I didn't take any pictures, wakeboarding for the first time (pic of Justin below), a family reunion which was super fun, and several dinners and lunches with friends. I'm sure I'm forgetting other things since it was two months ago, but anyway, you can tell we had a wonderful time! Below are just a few more random pictures.


Justin wakeboarding, I did it too, but there aren't any pictures to prove it!


Kobe hated this little ride at FatCatz. He was trying to climb off the entire time.


Lily, on the other hand, enjoyed it


Me, Pauline, and Brittany-Old roommates


Bret trying to shake the candy out of Kobe's pockets or something, I'm not really sure!

I miss Utah already!

No comments: