Sunday, August 30, 2009

White Coat Ceremony

Saturday Aug, 22 the entering class at Des Moines University was honored in a White Coat Ceremony. The format was a lot like a graduation. As a group they put on their white coats and then individually walked across the stage as their name was read. They received pins to place on their coats. Then they signed the Honor Code and at the end the students read the Student Oath. I put the Oath at the end if you are interested in reading it, I thought it was kind of neat. It was fun to go and celebrate all the hard work Justin has put into getting here, and mark one more stepping stone to our end goal. I just wish Kobe and Lily would have been better behaved. They were both monsters, I should have gotten a babysitter!



Kobe thoroughly enjoying all of it! HaHa!



If you can't tell, Justin's the one in the middle of the stage walking


Getting back to his seat


Family picture, the kids are both tired!


Justin and his friend Brady

Student Oath
As I begin my education at Des Moines University, I do solemnly pledge that my efforts will be focused on the ultimate goal of serving my future patients.

Toward this end, I will conscientiously and cooperatively work with my peers and professors in learning the art and science of my chosen profession.

I will maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in all interactions with fellow students, members of the faculty, mentors, and patients. I agree to abide by the terms of the Student Honor Code, developed by former students of Des Moines University, and by the Code of Conduct developed by my chosen profession

I will work always for the best interests of my patients, placing their well being before my own. I will ensure that patient confidentiality is safeguarded for all placed in my care.

I pledge to perform to the best of my ability and to engage in continuous self-evaluation in an effort to address my limitations. Furthermore, I will call upon the assistance of others when indication.

I recognize that my education is a life-long responsibility. I pledge to continue to educate myself throughout my career and to constantly engage in a critical re-examination of myself as a rational, emotional, and spiritual human being.

With this oath, I willingly assume the responsibilities of a student at Des Moines University and hope to long experience the joys of learning, caring, and healing.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey! I didn't know that you guys had a blog!! I am glad you emailed me!:) It looks like you guys are doing great. Your new home looks nice. I am glad that you guys are doing so well and you have a beautiful family!