Friday, September 11, 2009

One Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed

He jumped off and...fractured his tibia. Really it was only a matter of time, I'm surprised we made it this long without any major injuries.

Kobe is showing us where his "owie" is. Don't ask about Lily's face, I really don't know if she's laughing or crying!

Getting his splint.


Almost done




So here's the story behind this one:
When we put Kobe down for bed or nap he always says "Door open, door open" so we leave the door open but within seconds he'll jump out of bed and sit in his doorway. We put him back in bed and close the door. If we shut the door before he does this ritual, he sits in bed and screams. It is a little annoying but easier to let him get out of bed once, shut the door and then he just goes to sleep than to have him crying for so long he won't take a nap at all. Anyway, when he hurt his leg I was doing our nightly routine thinking to myself "well at least he'll stay in bed." Not so, as soon as I left the room the poor kid carefully climbed out of bed and crawled all the way across the floor and then proceeded to crawl all the way back as I made him get back in bed. He's not going to let anything mess with his routine!

1 comment:

Ashley Hancock said...

That silly boy! It's funny how they love their routines. We miss you guys, hope your trip is going good.