
Originally uploaded by 1bluecanoe
About a month ago, our dog started waking up several times a night excited and barking at something. I figured she must need to go to the bathroom so I'd let her out and she would just go crazy. After a few nights I noticed there was something walking on our roof, but I figured they were squirrels, since there are a lot of them around here. I got tired of Lexus waking me up all night so I started putting her in her kennel at night.
After probably two weeks of hearing something scratching on our roof I realized that squirrels weren't nocturnal. RACCOONS! Oh I wish they'd go away so I could get some sleep. It was probably a week later when Justin said he thought they were in our attic, and I told him, no, that they were just on the roof. One night I heard scratching right over my head as I was trying to fall asleep. I could have sworn that thing was going to crash down on my head any minute. The next day we were pulling out of our driveway and we found ...................................THE HOLE..................................... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They really were/are living in our attic. I called our landlord and he and the critter control came out. Now we have two traps on our roof. I really hope they work because in all honesty I don't feel charitable at all, I'm a little unnerved and freaked out! Wish us luck and I'll keep ya'll posted on how the raccoon hunt goes!
2 comments:
Oh wow! Yuck! We saw three monterous raccoons in our backyard the other day - scary beasts! As a side note, they have the most balanced diet of any animals so that should make you feel better. Maybe your kids will learn something of eating correctly from them. You never know...
Yikes! I just hope they don't find a hole into the house. Hopefully they will leave you alone soon!
Post a Comment