Saturday, November 21, 2009

One of My Many Quirks

Okay, so today I realized just how weird I really am. I have caught glimpses of it in the past, but it really hit me today. I love to read! I know that isn't really strange and a lot of people can say the same thing, but really I love reading to the point that I read anything and everything. Let me give you some examples. Today I was at the library. As I was checking out my books there was a flier sitting there. I noticed it was about the budget cuts the library was facing, boring I know. However, I couldn't resist the urge to pick it up and take it with me. Free reading material. When I got home I took all the books out of the bag, put them on the shelf and sat down on the couch with my flier and read every single word. It was wonderful! Other examples, I read the city Newsletter every month, junk mail, magazines, scriptures, the back of household cleaners, sewing patterns 2-3 times, Justin's class syllabus, random websites, other people's blogs, tons and tons of children books, instruction manuals (those are my favorite), and of course books.
I love to read books, but hardly ever do. Which is crazy. You would think that as much as I love to read I would read at least a book every week. My problem with them is finding a good book to read. I prefer fictional books, but I hate not knowing if it's going to be worth reading. So a lot of times I don't read books at all and stick to anything else I can get my hands on. My other problem is that once I start a book I don't do anything else until I've finished the book, so I am way more productive if I stick to reading the cereal box! I want to read more books, which is why I went to the library today although the only thing I've read so far is that flier which is what led to the realization of this little quirk I have. Anyway, if you've read any great books let me know and I'll start a list of recommended books!

1 comment:

Tawni said...

I've heard that the Hunger Games is really good, if you haven't read it. I can't remember the author, but it's really popular right now.