Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

Today we celebrated the commercial version of Easter: Eggs, Easter Bunny, Candy, etc. We had a good time being artistic and getting messy decorating eggs.

The kids loved searching for their baskets and eggs.









And most of all we appreciated our packages from both sets of grandparents and Great-Grandma Lewis (we were so spoiled)!

However, with all of the fun and festivities today, I am truly looking forward to tomorrow, Easter, and reflecting on our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His atonement and resurrection. I look forward to teaching my children about the real Easter story and why it is such an important day.  Today Elder Bednar said that no child is too young to learn about and feel the importance of gospel truths, so with that knowledge I will do my best to share my testimony of Jesus with Kobe and Lilian so that to them the significance of Easter will not be the bunny, the basket, the eggs, or the candy. But rather the garden, the cross, the empty tomb, our Savior. I'm thankful for my testimony of the purpose of life, and the knowledge I have of life after death. I know that it is through Jesus Christ that my sins will be forgiven if I am faithful and endure to the end, and that after my time here on earth there will be a place for me and everyone else who lives righteously. I'm grateful for the opportunity to reflect on and celebrate those truths tomorrow. Happy Easter!

No comments: