Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Kobe!

Kobe turned 3 today...CRAZY! We feel like the past three years have flown by, just look at those baby pictures. It feels like it was just the other day that I was holding my precious baby boy, nervous, yet excited about the upcoming challenges and adventures that come with raising children.  Now he is THREE!  Sorry, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Kobe is such a blessing in our home.  We think he is funny, sweet, and a wonderful child, but what parent doesn't think their children are pretty great!
Here are some pictures to show how we celebrated Kobe's big day!

Last night, after Kobe went to bed I decided I wanted to decorate his bedroom.  So I waited until he went to sleep then very quietly took all the balloons into his room and put up a few streamers.  It was fun. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it this morning!

The cake:
Kobe specifically asked for a Cookie Monster cake. I was a little skeptical about how well it would turn out but I thought it turned out pretty darn cute! Thank goodness for the internet, so I could copy someone else's creation!

The Cupcakes:
I asked a lady in my ward to make Sesame Cupcake toppers to stick with the theme of the cake.  She made these cute characters, this pictures doesn't do them justice! She is so talented, you should check out her website SweetlyDone.

One more picture of the cake and cupcakes because I couldn't resist!

Kobe and Justin had T-ball pictures this afternoon and since Lilian was napping I stayed home while they went to the mall for pics and a ride on the carousel. Next Justin took Kobe shopping and let Kobe pick out a new toy. Fun father-son time! Later in the afternoon we went to the park for Kobe's party.  We invited  friends of ours' from church and school who had children who were Kobe's age.  We had so much fun with all the people who came and Kobe loved playing at the park with his friends. It was a great time! I wish I had taken more pictures but we did get this one:
Kobe blowing out his candles, his friend Luke cheering him on!

After the party we went home, gave the kids a bath (they were DIRTY), and Kobe was FINALLY able to open his presents. He waited patiently all day.

His new art easel

All the goods-- He was so spoiled!

Thanks to all our family who sent gifts and cards, and called to sing "Happy Birthday." And to all of our friends who came to the party to help us celebrate!  We are truly blessed to have you all in our lives!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

Happy Birthday Kobe! I was thinking about him all day on saturday and kept meaning to call and the day just got away from me. Cute, cute cake! I can't believe he is three either! crazy!

Curtis & Elise said...

Adorable cakes, you did a great job with them!

The O'Brien Blog said...

Heidi...you need to go look at the blog post "a poem" on my page. also that cake is super cute...I will have to show you a picture of the cake shannon lewin mad carsten for his 1st birthday..it is pretty much the exact same! lol. great minds think alike I guess!

Brittney said...

That is a stinking cute cake! Looks like so much fun!