Lilian-
- Lily has been a very slow teether. She is 16 months and until last week only had 6 teeth, 4 on top 2 on bottom. She is now getting all of her molars at the same time, three have poked through and we are just waiting for the last one to show it's face!
- She is saying more and more words every day. Her vocabulary includes Thank you, all done, no, mine, and deedee (baby).
- When Lilian wakes up in the morning she sings to herself while she's waiting for me to come get her. She sings E-I-E-I-O over and over again. That is when she's not screaming at me to rescue her!
- Saying Lily loves to be outside is an understatement. When a door to the outdoors is opened she will do anything she can to push her way past whatever might be standing between her and freedom. Her favorite thing to do when she gets outside is to find the dirt or especially the mud and play in it. When I let her outside I have to make sure whatever she's wearing is something I don't care about because she comes inside sooooooooo dirty every time.
- When we go shopping, she says "hi" to everyone in the store. And she says it over and over again to the same person. A common dialogue goes something like this.
- Lily: "Hi!"
- Fellow shopper: "Hi, you are so cute!"
- Lily: "Hi!"
- Fellow shopper: "Hi"
- Lily: "Hi!"
- Fellow shopper (now feeling a little annoyed that this little girl won't leave them alone): "hi"
- Lily: "Hi!"
- Fellow shopper now turns onto an obscure aisle just to relieve themselves from the constant "Hi" girl
- The only problem is we always run into that poor shopper again somewhere in the store and it all starts over!
Kobe has said some very funny/precious things lately. A couple of Sundays ago we went to a baptism for a boy in our ward who just turned 8. We explained a little about what would happen at the baptism to Kobe because he had never been to one before and we wanted him to understand the importance of this event. We explained that the boy would be wearing white and that someone who had the priesthood would say a prayer and place the boy under the water, just like when Jesus was baptized. We tried to keep it really simple because he's only 2. We went to the baptism and after about 5 minutes Kobe looked over at Justin and I and said, "Where's John the Baptist?" We both kind of laughed and then tried to explain to him that John the Baptist was no longer alive and while he did baptize Jesus, he did not attend every baptism. He didn't really get it because he continued to ask where John the Baptist was until after we got home!
This next story I must put in a disclaimer that No I am not pregnant! Yesterday we took down the baby swing on our swingset and I told Kobe we'd put it in the garage until we had another baby. Then I asked him, "Would you like to have another baby?" To which he replied, "yup." Pointing to the swing next to him where Lily was sitting, he said, "We need to take that back, take it back to the store." So I asked him, "What do we need to take back, the swing?" Thinking he meant the swing that we had just taken down. He replied, "No, Lily, we will take her back and get a new baby." HAHAHA! After I stopped laughing I reassured him that we could keep Lilian and have a new baby, we were just going to have to wait a while! It was so funny to me that he was so eager and willing to replace Lily with a new baby.
The other night, the kids had been down for about 30 minutes and Justin and I were downstairs watching tv when we heard a big crashing sound right above our heads. We went upstairs to check things out and this is what we found:
Justin said he didn't even budge when he lifted him up and put him back in bed!
After nap the other day, I opened Kobe's door and he walked out wearing this:
He informed me that these were the pajamas he wanted to wear to bed and since it was raining he needed to wear his rainboots! Funny boy!
I love these kids so much! Life would be so boring without them!
5 comments:
Funny! They are so cute! I agree that life would be boring without them!
You have a super cute family! We have a blog too so our families back home can see the kids grow up. You can check it out if you want. www.amyandlukeplus2@blogspot.com
Hey! I'm so happy to see your blog and what's going on in your life. You're right, they're better than facebook for really keeping up with people. I had NO IDEA you lived outside of Utah now!
That aquarium looked amazing and so did that mall you guys visited on vacation.
Your kids are adorable!
Ha! I love the funny stories! Such cute kids. If you plan to "take Lilly back to the store" we would be more than willing to take her!
I didn't know you had a blog! Not only can we be Facebook friends, we can be blog buddies as well. Cute cute stories about your cute cute kids.
Post a Comment