Friday, May 21, 2010

Bam Bam 2010

Kobe played in his last Bam Bam game of the season yesterday. The season isn't quite over but we are heading out of town, so Kobe's debut season is officially over. For those of you wondering what bam bam is...basically it's pre TBall. A game consists of three innings. Each inning every teammate takes a turn batting and fielding. The first inning the child runs to first base, second inning they run two bases, and third inning they get a "homerun" or runs all the bases! Kobe was on the same team as one of his best friends from church, Luke, which made it super fun! Kobe also loved playing and making new friends. Justin enjoyed "coaching." And most importantly, Lilian and I had the greatest time cheering Kobe on! Here's some of my favorite pictures from the season.


Coach Dad and Kobe


Some of the team sitting in the "dughouse" at least that's what Kobe called it after the first game!


Staying hydrated


These two pictures make me laugh! Kobe's the one in the middle with the black long sleeves...just in case you were wondering!



You'll really be able to tell if you watch the video, but Kobe's greatest challenge was keeping his eye on the ball as he was swinging. When he was looking, he hit really well!



The parade


And last but not least, the cheering section!


The following videos are from Kobe's first game. I only had the video camera at that game, but I wish I would have taken it to his last game, because by the end he really had gotten the hang of what he was supposed to do. Ignore my high-pitch shrill voice...



The whole family really enjoyed participating in Little league this year and we are already looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So cute!! I bet he had a blast! I can't wait to let my girls do stuff like this! :)

Janalee said...

That is so fun! I bet he had a blast! In all of the pictures he looks so professional!

The Tracys said...

That is so stinkin cute! Looks like he really got into it! I bet Justin was just as excited as Kobe!