Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Non-Update

It's been awhile since I've posted anything about what's going on in the Hooker house, and it's basically because there is not much going on. However, I'm going to try to think of some things interesting or not, to talk about.
  • This is post number 53 for those of you who have lost count.  Many "bloggers" do a big special post when they get to 100 and I just decided that I will never make it to 100 at the rate I'm posting.
  • Kobe is taking a mini-preschool class at the YMCA once a week. It's kind of like a pre-preschool and is only one hour long. He just finished his "cooking class"  and tomorrow starts his art class.  In his own words, he's "sooooo EXCITED!" Said in a really cheesy, high-pitch, dramatic tone.  Please don't tell me that is what I sound like to him when I talk to him.  Please Do tell me he picked up that tone from someone, anyone other than me! Back to preschool, he loves his "gym class" and can't wait to go every week.
  • When Kobe goes to his class, Lilian cries in the child watch.  She always loves to go and play while I work out, but hates going without Kobe, it's sweet and sad at the same time.
  • I've been working on the kids' Halloween costumes.  I am loving the way they are turning out, but it's hard to feel too impressed with my craftiness when the ideas came directly step-by-step from another source.  I wish I could be more original and creative, but I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not and am grateful that others are and share their ingenious ideas with me!
  • Speaking of craft ideas, I have about a million projects on my to do list.  Between Halloween, Christmas, and the fabulous birthday idea I have for family members for 2011, I will be burnt out of doing projects come January.
  • As I've been getting my craft on, I've decided that I really love to sew. My sewing machine is in great need of a tune up which has forced me to become close friends with my unpicker (hmmm, I wonder what the technical name for that thing is?), but regardless, I really like taking a big piece of fun fabric and making it into something wearable, usable, and adorable. I only wish I were better at it and more technically educated, but I'm sure that will come with time and practice.
  • Justin has been busy, busy, busy with school, school, school.  I really don't know how he does it.  Getting up every day, going to the gym and then spending many, many hours studying.  I admire his diligence to something so redundant and time life-consuming. I know I couldn't do it and I love him for doing it for me and our family.
  • I was just thinking yesterday how grateful I am for all of us to have been healthy for such a long period of time.  I know I should knock on wood or something, but really I am.  I know that colds and flu are going around again and that one or all of us will probably get sick sometime in the near future. I just needed to document our healthy season so when our sick season comes I will remember that we were blessed to be healthy and well for such a long period of time.
  • And lastly, speaking of the flu, I took the kids to a flu-clinic today so we could get our yearly flu vaccine.  I prepped the kids before we left so they wouldn't be too scared. I let them know they would get a shot and that it would just be a little poke and then it wouldn't hurt any more.  I went first to show them it was no big deal.  HOLY COW, THIS HURTS! and I JUST LIED TO MY KIDS! Were the two things going through my mind as I got my shot. OUCH! Not only did I feel the poke, but the fluid as it burned through my muscle.  I then for a minute or two after I felt a dull pain, and now 6 hours later my arm hurts to even move it.  I know I'm a wuss, my mom has told me that many times (I still love you mom!), but really next year we are all getting the flu mist. 
Enough ramblings. Life is good!

1 comment:

Karen said...

The unpicker thing is called a seam ripper.... Love your post, very newsy. Don't forget to post pics of the kids in their costumes!