Early in the month the kids and I had a little too much fun and decorated the house for Halloween. There's something about October that is fun and exciting. There's always so much anticipation for the holiday that kicks off the "Holiday season." The kids were sure excited and the decorations added to the fun!
While the kids helped with a lot of the decorations, I made and hung this banner while they were napping. I was working on hanging the spider web on the radiator when they woke up and came downstairs. Kobe checked it all out and said, "Wow, Mom! It looks spooky in here!"
Since I don't have a mantle, I made use of the radiator for decorations!
I spent $10 at the dollar store for misc. items and came home and turned them into a spooky display.
The Boo sign is one my mom gave me a couple of years ago for Halloween, I love it!
Look at those eyeballs!
After the house was decorated we were ready to count down the days until Halloween.
One day we made spiders out of rocks. I got the idea from HERE:
Ahhhhh! What's on your head Lily?
Awe Mom, it's just a cute little spider!
This year they both had opinions about what they wanted to wear for costumes. I was a little bummed because what they wanted would have been to complicated/expensive for me to make. Although I did find a great deal on both costumes!
Kobe made a great Spider-man and really got into it. On the day of his preschool Halloween party he got his costume on and found his Spider-man socks and then asked, "Mom, am I wearing my Spider-man underwear?" I told him I didn't know and so of course he had to check and was really upset that he forgot to put on Spider-man underwear but was wearing Woody from Toy Story instead.
Lily made a lovely Belle, from Beauty and the Beast. She loved to twirl and dance around in her costume.
On the 27th, Grandma and Grandpa Hooker came to visit for the weekend. The first day they were here was the Ward party. We spent most of the day getting things ready for the "Tour of Terror" Justin and I were helping with and that night was the party.
This night the whole family got dressed up. I was a witch so I could be in the haunted house (it was mostly for little kids) check out my cool tights below! Justin was a knight, and he painted Kobe's face since masks weren't allowed.
The kids played games with Grandma, while Justin, Grandpa and I helped in the "Tour of Terror."
We all had a great time!
We may or may not have forgotten to feed the kids dinner since we left the house in a hurry at 5:30 to set up and didn't get home until 10:30. When we got home Lily found the leftover pizza and ate a piece that was almost the same size as her!
The next day was snowing, yes snowing! We took Grandpa to the train station so he could get to his conference in D.C. ate lunch with him there and then went back home with Grandma to snuggle up and get warm. That night we watched movies and ate Olive Garden take out. Thanks Justin for braving the storm to pick it up!
Sunday we woke up to the beautiful sun and went to church. That night we made caramel popcorn and caramel apples.
Kobe dug right in and loved getting slimey.
Lily, on the other hand, did not like getting sticky and wouldn't eat hers. I made her pose for a picture anyway!
Monday, Grandpa got back from his conference just in time for our spooky dinner of brains, blood, and eyeballs (spaghetti and meatballs). Halloween night we all went over to a friend's house so all the little kids could go trick or treating together.
Justin, Grandma and Grandpa took them around while I stayed behind to pass out candy.
The next day we had to say goodbye :(
After we dropped Gma and Gpa off at the airport, Kobe cried hysterically in the backseat all the way home. It was very sad. After such a fun month, I don't know if November will be able to compare!

1 comment:
Lily, was the cutest little "Belle"!! Kobe was quite the spiderman!! ( I would say he looked so cute but I couldn't really see his cute face!:))
Your witch costume was fantastic, I especially love the hair, and Justin is a great "knight in shining armor"!
:)
Looks like you guys had a great month of "spootacular" fun!!
I hope your feeling good, and I LOVE your decor! The purple pumpkin, is KILLLING me! So cute!!
Post a Comment