Thursday, February 16, 2012

He's Here!

Jaxon Moe Hooker
He's here and I think he's perfect! Arrived at 4:08pm, weighed 7lbs 3oz, 19 inches long.

This morning just after 6:00 my water broke so we gathered up our things, dropped the kids off at a friends home and headed to the hospital. After a lot of waiting for various things I got an epidural at 10:30, and they started pitocin at 12:00pm. At 2pm I was dilated to a 5 and when they checked me at 4pm they said I was a 10 and it was time to push! After 2 pushes he was out and had a teeny tiny wimpery cry.  He is so alert and has yet to really sleep, I hope that's not any indication of the next few weeks! So far I feel fine, but my epidural has not worn off, so we'll see how I really feel in a few hours :)  We feel so blessed already by this little guy and are so grateful he's healthy and that everything went so smoothly.  Here's a few pictures from our exciting day.





9 comments:

Da Mos said...

Oh my word! you all look so cute! I already LOVE Jaxon that cute little guy! Congratulations! And P.S. I wish I looked that cute after giving birth! I wish I could be there to see you all in person. We love you and are thinking about you.

The Tracys said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys and glad you didn't have to wait til your due date. He's adorable! Fun that our boys are just six days apart. Hope you get some sleep- not getting much around here, but I'm loving just staring at him and kissing him! So fun!

Mrs. M. said...

Ahhhhh!! Congrats Heidi!! :) He is such a cute little baby!! :) Why wouldn't he be cute though...he has a GORGEOUS mom! :) Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie and so glad that he arrived safe. Babies are so precious, hope you are getting some rest.

Alicia said...

Glad everything went well for you guys! He is so adorable:) I can't believe you guys have 3! Such a cute family:)

Tawni said...

Congratulations, he is SO cute!

Jenny said...

Oh he is so adorable! Glad everything went so smoothly. I hope I keep following your example and have a labor just like yours! :) Please let me know if you need anything!

Nix said...

So glad he is here and that all is well with both of you...but no one should look that good after just having delivered a baby...just sayin' ;) No really his is adorable and you look beautiful!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I feel like the third one is the big jump (from two to three kidlets) - it's when you have one more than you have hands, you know? I hope settling in goes well!

P.S. I found you after I clicked through to one of my readers' blogs, and then one of her links...and then I couldn't pass up well-wishing after a birth. Hey, at least I remember how I got here.