Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bridal Shower for the Bride-to-Be

My mom wanted to do a shower for Megan and my sisters and I jumped at the chance to help out. In the end I maybe-just a little bit- took over most of the planning and prep work but everyone put in some great ideas and a lot of work to make everything come off as planned. It turned out to be a great shower and a lot of fun to put together.
 The theme was "Around the Clock" We asked each person to bring a gift associated with a certain time of day, ie. 1pm, 11am, etc. For decorations we used clocks and used the colors they'd picked for their wedding-gray and yellow.

 
Two of my favorite things I made were this advice box (which I found at D.I. and covered with scrapbook paper after a failed attempt of painting it) with the advice cards (which were made by my sisters, mom and I really late the night before. We may have laughed a little to much and consumed more chocolate than a person should!) and
 
these flower vases. I found these yellow flowers at Joanns and LOVED them. I'm going to find a place in my house for these for sure!

The dessert table:
 
I was so pleased with my amateur decorating skills! Thank goodness for the internet and pinterest or I would have been in trouble! For the food we decided to do breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. There was something for everyone.

 




The Guests:
 it wouldn't have been a proper party without everyone who came!


 We had some fun games and of course I didn't get any pictures. I also missed out on the presents, bummer.

But I did get a picture of the happy couple!
 We love you Megan and are really excited for you to join our family! Also, thanks to everyone who helped make the shower a success. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without the brilliantness of my mom, sisters and sisters-in-laws!

No comments: