In February, I enrolled Kobe in several charter schools and waited to hear if his name was picked in the lottery. He was accepted into one school after the first lottery , but it was the school I'd heard was not very good from several different sources. So I chose not to register him at that school and instead wait and hope he got accepted into another one. I heard from Good Foundations Academy (GFA) in April that he was 13th on the wait list. Later in the summer I found out he had moved from 13th to 5th. After he stayed at 5th for almost a month, I figured I needed to get him registered at a public school seeing as school started in 3 weeks. He was tested and enrolled at our local school and I had given up hope that he would be going to a charter school. When we got home from camping last Saturday I had an email that had been sent on Friday from GFA saying my fourth grader had been accepted. I don't have a fourth grader! I had to wait all weekend to find out if they had made a mistake and sent the email to the wrong parent, or if they had just put the wrong grade. On Monday morning I went into the office and they told me Kobe had been accepted! Yay! Where public school was starting after Labor Day, GFA was starting today. That gave us two days to fill out registration forms, get a Dr. appt for a kindergarten check up, buy school supplies, and buy his school uniforms. It was a busy two days but so worth it!
Kobe was nervous, but excited and sooooo ready for Kindergarten!
He looks so handsome!
Lily is sad she can't go too.
This is the front of his school.
Kobe's teacher is Mrs. Bever.
We got there a few minutes early so he played on the playground while he waited for the whistle.
He heard the whistle, ran to grab his backpack and lined right up. He waved goodbye and off he went.
I snapped one final picture before the teacher closed the door.
He had found his name and sat right down. He looks like he belongs there!
So exciting! It's crazy to think I have a school-age child now and I will be doing the school thing for years to come. There's no going back!

1 comment:
They are getting so big! I know how you feel. I'm glad he got into the school you wanted. Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment