Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 2: The Science Center

I don't know why it is taking me so long to post about this vacation, but after much anticipation (for those of you who care) we've finally reached day two. As we sat in a very serious family council Tuesday evening discussing our options for the next day, my sister Jessica said the thing that sounded the most fun for her kids was the Science Center.  Looking back on it, I don't think we went there for the kids at all.......

We walked into the Science Center and the adults just scattered.
 
Dad was fascinated by the floating ball.  It entertained him forever!

 
Mom was set on building the perfect rocket, she had to show my dad up...Which she did!

Of course the bubbles were a big hit, they always are.

And Kellie put on a great puppet show!

And you should have seen Jeremy, he definitely got his money worth!


Now you may be wondering what the kids were doing as all the adults ran wild at the Science Center.
We stuck them here and told them not to move! After they screamed and cried we let them out but told them they weren't going to have any fun at all....none at all.  And we put them to work.

 We made them push the strollers.

Carry our bags.

And told them to be available to be used for our amusement.

When they weren't busy serving us, we let them play....but only a little!
I don't know if the little kids had any fun at all, but the BIG KIDS sure did!

Next up Nauvoo!

3 comments:

Janalee said...

Heidi, your so cute. I Love this post!

Da Mos said...

This post was even cuter than I ever could have imagined even after you told me your idea! You are so cute! I love it! You really need to write and publish books you are so creative! Love ya!

Ashley Hancock said...

Your family sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait for day 3!!