Terrorizing Grandma and Grandpa Great's house!
I'm sure you can imagine what these innocent looking rugrats might try to get their sticky, slimy hands on. At least they're cute!
Spending time with family
We spent almost an entire day at Sea World with Grandma and Uncle Josh. The kids LOVED it! We saw the dolphins (Kobe's favorite) and of course Shamu! We also saw a show with dogs and cats--and a pig, which the kids got to touch afterward. There was a kids area with rides and activities which entertained Kobe and Lily for a very long time. Kobe's highlight was getting to see Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby, Grover, and Zoe from Sesame Street. He begged us to take him to them so he could give them a hug. It was a huge achievement for him because he used to be terrified of anything in a costume. But he sat on their laps for pictures and was so excited about meeting them!
So I've decided we are the worst parents ever! There was one really big ride at Sea World that I desperately wanted to ride. Cindy offered to watch the kids so Justin and I could go. When we measured Kobe to the height thingy, he was just about tall enough and we figured no one would actually check, so we took him with us. My poor Kobe is scared of just about everything new or remotely scary, but we took him anyway. To our defense we did point to the ride and ask him if he wanted to go on it and he said yes. Luckily the line wasn't in view of the ride so after we were in line Kobe wasn't able to watch the intensity of the ride and change his mind. He was a brave little man! The ride was intense and fast and fast and intense. Kobe clung to me with white knuckles the entire ride, even hiding his head a few times. When we got off the ride I asked, "Kobe did you have fun?" He said shakily, "yes." Then I asked, "Do you want to go again?" To which he quickly replied, "NO!"
Good Times!
The Beach
The kids ate up the beach! Lily was rolling around in the sand, Kobe buried himself in it. Lily ran straight for the water, Kobe ran straight from it. Lily and Kobe both would have stayed all day if we would have let them. The day started out really cloudy and cold, which kept Kobe and I out of the water. Justin and Lily wouldn't let anything stop them from playing in the waves. Justin rode the waves (on the boogie board) with Josh, Jasmin, Eamon, and Cindy, while I bundled up in every article of clothing I brought and a beach towel. The kids spent a ton of time chasing the waves and letting the waves chase them. They also buried uncle Josh in the sand and then Kobe wanted a turn. When we got home around 3:30 or so, the kids got much needed baths and then Kobe laid himself down for a late nap. Playing at the beach is tiring!War Monument
We also had the chance to visit a war monument (I can't remember the name right now). Service men and women are honored for their service in any war. Justin's brother Josh has a plaque for his service and sacrifices in Iraq. It was neat to see all the people that have helped defend our country throughout it's history. Josh's plaque is right where Lily's hand is in the picture.Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Moe, for making such a great trip possible! We had a blast with the Hooker family as always!
Keep reading to hear about our Utah escapades!


1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great time! :)
Tricia
Post a Comment