Once again the night before our Hubbard Hotrod Hullabaloo (basically a pinewood derby) everyone was feverishly working on their work of art. Every year I'm amazed at the creativity of some people. I mean come on a guitar, a Hershey's chocolate bar, a barn, soooo clever! Since Justin was so busy with classes I was the one in charge of making a entry for this year's big race. I thought since we were living in Philadelphia it was only fitting to make an American flag. It had great potential to look great (I wasn't even concerned with how fast it would be) but I didn't take into consideration the time it would take to let each coat of paint dry. So in the end I had to rush the paint job which did not do my car justice. Oh well!
The contenders!
Everyone had specific jobs to make the race go smoothly. I was the photographer which is why I have sooooo many pictures. Kobe was a Runner, which meant he took a car from the end of the race back to the starting line. And I think Lily's job was to stay off the track!
The awards...In the end I tied for 4th place and won most artistic. Bret came in 1st, I think he spent the last 2 years thinking up the perfect car. Well I guess it worked!
BTW: click on the collage and it will get bigger if you want to see the pictures better.


No comments:
Post a Comment