Thursday, August 18, 2011

Camping

I was grateful that Bret wanted to schedule a camping trip when he got home and before Josh left, because that meant I would be able to go too. I was really bummed that the day we got there I started coming down with a fever, chills and a headache. I was sick almost the entire time I was there but still managed to have a fun time.

The kids were really excited to go camping too and Kobe really, really wanted to go fishing. Justin and I don't understand where his obsession with fishing comes from because neither of us fish, and we've never taken the kids fishing or even talk about fishing. However, whenever we're in a sporting goods store Kobe asks us to buy him a fishing pole and when I told him we were going camping the first thing he asked me was if he could go fishing. So Grandpa bought a fishing license so he could take Kobe fishing. What a nice Grandpa, not only did he take Kobe fishing, but all the grandkids that wanted to go.
Grandpa baited the hooks on 4 different poles and cast them in the water a let the kids hold them.

Kobe, of course, enjoyed it for about 5 minutes then handed the pole off to someone else and played with the rocks.
Lily held the pole for 2 seconds and was done!

 She would rather just cuddle with Grandma!

 One day, Lily got in trouble right before nap time so she had to go to nap a little early. She was so upset in the trailer and after a few minutes I looked up to see her little head poking out. She had figured out how to un-velcro the side and see out. It was funny, but only a little bit!

Recently Kobe has started "posing" not just for pictures either.  We just say "Kobe, pose" and he'll strike a funny pose.  The kids were playing in the river and I looked over and saw Kobe posing and I just started snapping pictures. I still laugh when I see these pictures, he is one goofy kid!

The only thing that would have made the trip better was if I felt better, but otherwise we had a great time playing games, reading, eating yummy food, playing in the river, making s'mores, and getting dirty!

1 comment:

Nix said...

I see those cute pictures of Kobe and they remind me SO much of his dad...humm wonder why? ;)